More than 10 million tourists visit India each year. One of the factors of such high tourist visits to the country is the fact that the Indian government offers one of the easiest entry permits to obtain.
Travelers who wish to visit the country can make an online visa application using their phones, laptops, PCs, or even tablets. India e-Visa comes in three types; each one serves for a different purpose of usage.
Choose between a visa for tourism, business, or transit and submit an online application using any working device with an internet connection.
Read on to learn what requirements applicants must meet before starting the application process. The documents to prepare may differ in between the visa types. However, all requirements are elementary, and the necessary documents are easy to gather.
Table of Contents
Which countries can make an India e-Visa application?
First, check if your country is on the following list; if yes, you may apply for the electronic visa online:
• Antigua and Barbuda
• Bosnia and Herzegovina
• Cape Verde
• Costa Rica
• Cote D’Ivoire
• Czech Republic
• Dominican Republic
• El Salvador
• Hong Kong
• Marshall Islands
• New Zealand
• Cook Islands
• Papua New Guinea
• Saint Kitts and Nevis
• Saint Lucia
• Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
• San Marino
• Sierra Leone
• Solomon Islands
• South Africa
• South Korea
• Sri Lanka
• Trinidad and Tobago
• United Arab Emirates
• United Kingdom
• United States
• Vatican City
If your country is not listed above, you must make an application for a regular visa at an Embassy.
Documents to prepare for the e-Visa to India
No matter which visa type should you choose, you must prepare the following documents that apply to all of the Indian entry permit options:
- a valid passport
- applicant’s digital face photo
- active e-mail address
Moreover, every traveler must have access to any online payment method to cover the visa fee.
Additional documents for the e-Business and e-Medical Indian e-Visa
Should you apply for a business or medical visa, make sure to attach the following supporting documents to the application form:
- Business visa: an invitation letter or a business card (from the Indian company you’ll be working with)
- Medical visa: a written document describing the treatment, intended length of stay, and some basic details on the trip (from the hospital or the institution that will conduct the medical treatment)
Indian e-Visa passport requirements
The electronic Indian visa stays valid for:
- e-Tourist visa: effective for one year, serves as a multiple-entry permit; the total stay within the validity period can be as long as 90 days (three months).
- e-Business visa: valid for one year, allows numerous entries to India within the validity period; the total length of the visit can be up to 180 days (six months).
- e-Medical visa: expires after 4 months from the visa issue date. Travelers can stay for a total of 60 days (two months) either at once or have three separate visits.
Please note! Applicant’s passport must stay valid for at least six months from the planned entry to India date. Make sure that your travel document will not expire for an appropriate amount of time before applying for the e-Visa to India.
e-Visa for India: Support Team
Since foreign nationals need to apply for an electronic visa for India to travel there, the e-Visa system was designed to be as effortless and straightforward as possible.
However, should you have any questions regarding the application process, visa requirements, or are unsure which type of entry permit should you choose, contact our support team.
Our support team is available to all applicants via e-mail and phone and is happy to help with all visa-related issues!