Travelers from the eligible countries can apply online for an electronic visa to stay in India for up to six months. There are three different types of entry permits that all applicants can choose between when applying for an Indian visa.
Visit India for tourism, business, transit, or even medical purposes with the e-Visa that is obtained 100% online! Approved entry permits are delivered directly to the applicant’s e-mail address in a PDF form.
Grab your valid passport and complete the application process within a few minutes from home or any other place. Use your phone, laptop, or any other working device with an internet connection.
Read on to learn what is the validity period for the Indian e-Visa and how long can you stay in the country with the particular visa type selected.
Table of Contents
Indian e-Visa types and the validity period
The validity period of the electronic visa differs depending on the selected type of entry permit to India. See the details of each type and select the one that will suit your travel needs best.
All traveler can apply for:
- e-Tourist visa: a multiple-entry visa that allows a total amount of 90 days spent in India. The tourist visa stays valid for one year from the issuing date.
- e-Business visa: a multiple-entry visa that enables 180 days total spend in India for all business-related purposes. This type of entry stays effective for one year.
- e-Medical visa: a triple-entry visa that expires after 4 months from the date of issue. Travelers can stay in India for a total of 60 days. Either at once or throughout three visits.
The tourist and business e-Visa stay valid for one year from the date of issuing, whereas the e-Medical visa stays effective for 4 months.
Make sure to choose the entry permit that will be best for you and your travel needs.
How long should your passport be valid for when applying for an Indian e-Visa?
Please note! All applicants must have a passport valid for an appropriate amount of time. e-Visa and passport are connected; thus, it’s crucial to check if your passport will stay valid throughout the whole duration of your trip.
Passports must not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival in India to enter the country without any issues.
Moreover, should you change the data on your travel document, lose it, or in case of its expiry, e-Visa to India loses it’s validity as well.
How can I use the Indian e-Visa?
Indian e-Visa can be used for four purposes; see the detailed description below.
- visiting friends and family residing in India
- exploring Indian tourist destinations and attractions
- going on vacation
- handling business affairs with India-based partners
- negotiating contracts and cooperations
- looking for new business opportunities
- attending conferences and meetings
Medical treatment and transit
- undergoing medical treatment in India
- transiting through the country to reach any final destination
Online application guide for the Indian e-Visa
Now that you’re sure which type of Indian e-Visa is best for you, check below how to submit a successful application.
Grab your valid passport and follow these steps:
- Provide your data in the application form and make sure everything is correct.
- Cover the Indian e-Visa fee using any form of online payment and get the confirmation number at your e-mail address.
- Wait for the approved entry permit to be delivered to your inbox in a PDF version. Print it out and take it with you on your travel.
Our support team is available to all applicants via e-mail and phone to provide assistance during and after completing the application process!
- make sure to enter India within the validity period to avoid any issues upon arrival
- the length of the permitted stay varies in different visa to India types
- every traveler must have a printed Indian e-Visa copy and a valid passport upon entering India
- e-Business and e-Tourist visa India validity is 1 year from issuing
- e-Medical visa stays effective for 4 months from the date of issue
- e-Visa application must be made at least 3 business days in advance of your travel
- all Indian visa types are multiple-entry permits (the medical type allows a maximum of three entries)
- your passport must not expire for at least six months from the planned date of arrival in India