Are you a US citizen who plans on traveling to India soon? Use the electronic visa to facilitate the process of handling the necessary entry permit! Apply online within a few minutes from any place you want to. Use your phone, laptop, or any other device with an internet connection to submit your application.
All US citizens applying for the India e-Visa must meet only a few elementary requirements. Read on to find out what documents should you prepare and how to submit a successful application for the multiple-entry visa for India.
You can choose between three types of electronic permits; each one serves a different purpose of usage. Travel to India to go sightseeing, go on vacation, visit your friends and family, handle your business affairs, or undergo medical treatment with the e-Visa obtained online.
Table of Contents
India e-Visa types for all US citizens to choose from
- e-Tourist visa: allows a total stay of 90 days and stays valid for one year from issuing. Perfect for all tourism-related usage, such as sightseeing, vacation, family and friends visits.
- e-Business visa: grants an overall stay of 180 days in India and stays effective for one year. It can be used for handling any business affairs in the country.
- e-Medical visa: designed for all foreigners who need to undergo treatment in any Indian hospital or other health institution. Expires after 4 months from issuing and authorizes a total stay of 60 days spent in India.
Please note! The tourist and business visas serve as multiple-entry permits; however, the medical one is a triple-entry permit only.
You can use the visas to stay for either 60, 90, or 180 consecutive days (depending on the selected type), or use it for numerous trips providing that your overall stay won’t exceed the permitted length of the stay in each visa type.
India e-Visa requirements for US citizens
Luckily, besides a working device with an internet connection and an active e-mail address, you won’t need many documents to prepare.
Every United States applicant must have the following:
- a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months starting from the planned date of arrival in India
- applicant’s digital face photo taken using a phone or a PC camera
These are the basic documents to prepare when applying for the e-Tourist visa. Gathering the above-described should take you just a few minutes. However, depending on which India visa type should you choose, there may be one additional supporting document to attach.
For all US citizens applying for the e-Business visa, it’s obligatory to attach either an invitation letter or a business card from the company they plan on working with.
Moreover, when applying for the e-Medical visa, it’s crucial to attach a written by the hospital or other medical institution document that describes the treatment you will undergo while in India.
Indian e-Visa for US citizens costs
The costs of the Indian e-Visa for all US citizens is 149 Euro. This fee is also applicable to citizens from the following countries:
- Great Britain
Choose one of many online payment methods to cover the visa fee and get a confirmation number immediately after completing the process.
How can US citizens apply for the Indian e-Visa?
US citizens, as well as citizens from all eligible countries, can complete the application process for the India e-Visa following three simple steps. Apply anywhere, anytime you want!
Grab your valid passport and start the application process by choosing the purpose of your travel. Please note! e-Visas differ between the different types when it comes to the permitted length of the stay and the validity period. Choose the one that will suit your travel needs best and click the ‘Apply online’ button.
Next, fill the application form with the following data:
- name and surname
- basic travel details
- e-mail address
- passport details
Double-check if the provided information is correct to avoid any delays or issues with the visa approval.
Cover the 149 Euro visa fee using any convenient method of online payment you prefer. Check if you have received the confirmation number at your e-mail address and wait for the approved e-Visa to be delivered to your inbox.
Benefits of applying for an e-Visa when traveling to India
All US citizens are granted the following benefits when applying for the India e-Visa using our services:
- a team of visa experts thoroughly checking if every application is correctly filled
- availability of our support team via both e-mail and phone during and after completing the process of applying
- a 96% rate of successfully approved applications
- a 51-hour average processing time
- a simple 3-step application process
- approved e-Visa arrives directly at the applicant’s e-mail address in a PDF form
Travel to India with an electronic visa for an effortless and stress-free trip! Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact our support team via e-mail or phone.