The government of India offers three e-Visa types for all eligible travelers to choose from. If you’re seeking medical treatment, this type of entry permit is perfect for you! The application process for the e-Medical visa to India can be completed entirely online using any working device with an internet connection.
Get your e-Visa within 72 hours (3 business days) and travel to India to undergo any kind of medical treatment! Spare just a few minutes to apply online after preparing the elementary required documents and follow a 3-step process. The approved e-Medical visa to India will arrive directly at your e-mail address in a PDF form.
Read on to get all of the essential information on this India visa type and learn how to submit a successful application online!
Table of Contents
e-Medical India visa characteristics
The e-Medical visa to India is an entry permit that is obtainable entirely online and, once approved, arrives at the applicant’s e-mail address in a PDF form.
It was designed for all travelers seeking medical treatment in India. e-Visa has greatly facilitated the process of obtaining the necessary entry permit as it can be done even using your phone! After filling and submitting the application form, the professionals handle your visa for you.
What should you know about the e-Medical India visa?
- it’s a triple-entry permit
- authorizes a total stay of 60 days spent in India (either as one 2-month visit or spread over three trips)
- it costs 129 Euro
- stays effective for 4 months from the visa issue date
- allows its holders to undergo medical treatment in India
Make sure to use your entry permit within the 4-month visa validity period to enter the country without any issues.
India e-Medical visa requirements
To apply online for any type of e-Visa to India, make sure that your country is listed as eligible for the electronic entry permits. If yes, spare just a few minutes to prepare the required documents needed to submit a successful application.
Every traveler applying for the electronic medical visa for India must have:
- a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival in India
- applicant’s face photograph (can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
- a written document that will justify the visit to India and describe the basic details of the treatment (provided by the Indian hospital or other institution in which the treatment is to take place)
Preparing the above-described documents is crucial to submit a visa application that will be positively approved. Make sure that your travel document has the appropriate validity before applying.
Indian medical e-Visa application guide
Once you have gathered the necessary documents described in the previous section, you may start the application process. Select the ‘medical’ purpose of travel and click the ‘Apply online’ button.
Next, follow these simple steps to complete the process within minutes:
- Fill the application form with your data, such as your name, surname, basic travel details, passport information, and e-mail address.
- Choose a preferred online payment method to cover the Indian visa fee. Receive the confirmation number immediately after your payment clears.
- Wait for the approved e-Medical visa to arrive at your e-mail address in a PDF form within a maximum of 72 hours (3 business days).
Please note! It’s essential to double-check the information provided in the application form to make sure there are no errors. Our team of visa experts always thoroughly checks if every applicant has filled the form correctly and contacts you in case of any issues. However, the mistakes may elongate the processing time.
How to cross the Indian border with the e-Medical visa
As soon as you receive the e-Visa for India, make sure to print it out because the customs officials will check if every traveler has a valid e-Visa copy.
Moreover, another document to have upon arrival in India is a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of entering the country.
e-Visa holders should use any of the Indian border crossing points that accept electronic entry permits. Check which airports and seaports can you use and select one to travel to India through.
Can you transit through India with an e-Medical visa?
If you are a holder of the electronic entry permit to India, you may use it to transit through the country. However, e-Visa is not necessary if you:
- stay in the Indian airport for under 24 hours, waiting for your next flight
- won’t leave the designated transit area
- have a copy of the onward ticket
Do not hesitate to contact our support team for more transit information or any further details on the e-Medical visa for India.