Do you want to know more about the electronic tourist visa to India? Then read on, because this post will answer all of your questions!
The government of India has introduced the electronic visa system to facilitate traveling there for citizens of dozens of countries worldwide.
Anyone with a valid passport can easily apply online for the India visa by simply filling an online form with the necessary data. Spare just a few minutes while on a break at work or from home and use any working device to apply.
Table of Contents
Indian e-Tourist visa information
All eligible foreign nationals have three entry permit types to choose from when planning a trip to India. One of them is the e-Tourist visa; this section will provide the essential information on this entry permit type.
e-Tourist visa characteristics:
- it serves as a multiple-entry visa
- allows a total amount of 90 days spent in India
- stays valid for one year (12 months) from issuing
- enables all tourism-related visits to India
Travelers can use it for numerous visits to the country, as long as the overall stay won’t exceed three months or as one continuous 90-day trip.
How can travelers use the e-Tourist visa for India?
The India e-Tourist visa allows its holders to visit the country for up to 90 days and stays effective for a whole year from approval.
This type of entry permit serves perfectly for the following purposes of usage:
- making visits to your friends and family residing in India
- going on vacation
- exploring the country as a tourist
- engaging in any recreational activities
What documents should you prepare before applying for an e-Tourist India visa?
Collecting the necessary documents is going to take you as little time as filling the application form itself. There are only two required documents for the e-Tourist Indian visa, which makes it the easiest one to obtain.
Before applying online, please make sure that you have:
- a passport that will stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival in India
- applicant’s digital face photo
Please note! The applicant’s face photo can be taken using a phone or a PC camera. Our team of visa experts adjusts the sizes of the received files.
How to apply for the e-Tourist visa to India?
Once you prepare the required documents, start the application process by following these 3 steps:
- Provide your data and some basic travel details in the application form. Double-check the information put in the form and make sure everything is correct.
- Choose any preferred method of online payment to cover the 129 Euro visa fee. Once your payment registers, you will receive a confirmation number directly at your e-mail address.
- Within a maximum of 72 hours (3 business days), an approved e-Visa to India will be delivered to your inbox in a PDF form.
In case you would need any help during the application process, do not hesitate to contact our support team via e-mail or phone!
What to do after receiving the e-Tourist visa?
As soon as you receive the PDF version of your e-Tourist India visa, print it out. Anyone entering India must prepare two necessary documents to present to the customs officials upon arrival.
Have the printed e-Visa to India copy and a valid passport. Please remember that your travel document must not expire for at least 6 months from the intended arrival in India date.
Can you transit through India with the e-Tourist visa?
Transiting through India does not require having an e-Visa unless:
- you want to leave the designated airport’s transit area
- your overstay exceeds 24 hours
- you don’t have an onward ticket
The e-Tourist visa is perfect for transiting as it serves as a multiple-entry permit. You can cross the India border both ways, on your way to the final destination and while going back to your home country.
For more transit information, do not hesitate to contact our support team!