Are you planning a trip to India to relax on the Goa beaches, see the Taj Mahal or the Red Fort in Delhi? e-Visa for India is available to all UK citizens, not only for tourism purposes but is perfect for handling any business affairs or even undergoing medical treatment.
Apply anywhere you want at any time you want. Spare just a few minutes to complete the application process and let the professionals handle your visa to India quickly! Approved entry permits arrive at the applicant’s e-mail address in a PDF form.
UK citizens need a visa to travel to India and can quickly obtain it online using any working device with an internet connection. Our services grant a 96% rate of successfully approved applications thanks to our team thoroughly checking if each form is correctly filled.
Read on to see what types of India e-Visa can UK citizens apply for, what is the best way to complete the application process, and how long is the processing time.
Table of Contents
Types of India e-Visa for UK citizens
When applying for an Indian e-Visa, it’s best to first choose the preferred type of entry permit. See what are the differences between them, how long can you stay in India with each one, and how can you use the e-Visa.
All UK citizens have the following options to choose from:
- e-Tourist visa: is a multiple-entry visa allowing a 90-day stay (in total) for all tourism-related visits.
- e-Business visa: authorizes numerous stays in India that can come up to a total of 180 days. This type of entry permit can be used to attend business meetings, conferences, and negotiate your contracts with Indian partners.
- e-Medical visa: is a triple-entry visa designed for undergoing medical treatment in an Indian hospital or any other health center or institution. e-Medical entry permit holders can stay in the country for up to 60 days (either at once or spread over 3 trips).
Please note! The validity period also differs depending on which visa type should you select. The tourist and business visas expire after one year (12 months). However, the medical entry permit stays effective for only 4 months. Make sure to use your visa within the appropriate validity period.
India e-Visa requirements to meet for UK citizens
All UK citizens must meet a few basic requirements before starting the visa application process. This section describes what documents should you prepare for each electronic entry permit to India.
No matter which India e-Visa type you choose, please prepare the following documents (applicable to all kinds of entry permits available):
- a valid passport for at least 6 months forth from the planned date of entering India
- a digital photo of the applicant’s face (take the photograph using your phone or a PC camera)
Our visa experts’ team adjusts the sizes of the received files; thus, taking the necessary photo should take you just a few minutes.
If you plan on applying for the business e-Visa, please prepare either a business card or an invitation letter from the Indian company you plan on working with.
All UK citizens that need the e-Medical entry permit should also attach a written by the hospital or other health facility document that provides the basic details concerning the medical treatment that is to be undergone.
How can UK citizens submit an India e-Visa application?
Once you have selected the preferred e-Visa for India type and prepared your valid passport, apply following our simple and intuitive application process.
Online application guide for the Indian e-Visa:
- Put some basic personal information, travel details, e-mail address, and passport details in the visa application form. Double-check to make sure if everything is correct before submitting the form.
- Choose any method of online payment from several available and cover the 149 Euro visa fee. As soon as your payment registers, you will receive a confirmation number that can be used to check your entry permit status.
- Get the Indian e-Visa delivered to your inbox and print it out. The average approval time is just 51 hours.
Please note! The customs officials will check if each traveler has the printed e-Visa for India copy and a valid passport upon their arrival. Make sure to have those documents prepared before your travel.
Benefits for UK citizens applying for the Indian e-Visa
Enter India with the electronic visa to grant yourself an effortless and stress-free traveling experience! Since UK citizens need a visa to cross the Indian border, make sure to get yours straight at your e-mail address without any issues!
All UK passport holders applying using our services can be sure to get the following benefits:
- each form carefully checked by our team of experts to ensure positive approval
- support team’s availability via e-mail and phone for all visa-related inquiries
- no need to visit an Indian Embassy since the whole application process can be completed online
- approved e-Visas are directly delivered to the applicant’s inbox in a PDF form
- a 96% rate of applications that are successfully approved
- a 51-hour long average time of processing
- an easy 3-step application process that can be completed within minutes from home
The Indian government offers three visa types that are available to UK citizens and allow travel for tourism, business, and even medical purposes. Visit India for a 60, 90, or 180-day trip!
Make sure to present the printed e-Visa copy upon your arrival in India, along with your valid passport. Our support team is available to assist all applicants who need any further information or help at any point in the application process.