In 2019 alone, nearly 11 million travelers visited India and contributed to its tourism industry. Be one of the millions of tourists and explore the best destinations and attractions India has to offer.
The easiest way to obtain the necessary entry permit to visit India is by applying for an e-Visa online. All German citizens with a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned arrival date can apply for this entry permit. Use your phone, laptop, or whatever you feel most comfortable using, and submit your application within a few minutes from home!
Approved India e-Visas arrive directly at the applicant’s e-mail address in a PDF form within a maximum of 72 hours. The average processing time when using our services is just 51 hours!
Read on to learn what visa types are available for all German citizens, how high are the costs, and what are the steps to submitting a successful visa application.
Table of Contents
India e-Visa types for German citizens
All travelers can choose between three Indian visa types. This section describes each one, its characteristics, and the purpose of usage allowed.
Submit the visa application for one of the following types of electronic entry permits to India:
- e-Tourist visa serves all German citizens that wish to visit India for sightseeing, relaxing vacation at the Goa beaches, seeing your friends and family.
- e-Business visa was designed for all entrepreneurs that have any business matters to handle in India. Whether it’s negotiating future contracts, looking for new job opportunities, attending meetings and conferences, this type of visa is perfect for you!
- e-Medical visa is an entry permit for all foreign nationals that have a medical treatment in an Indian hospital or a health-related institution.
The tourist and business visas serve as a multiple-entry permit, whereas the medical one is a triple-entry permit.
Please note! The length of the permitted stay differs between the three visa types. Travelers using the tourist entry permit can visit India for a total of 90 days; a business entry permit allows a total of 180 days spent in the country. Lastly, the medical visa authorizes a 60-day stay in India.
You can stay in India for the total amount permitted either at once or spread it over numerous visits.
How long does e-Visa to India stay valid for?
The visa validity period is one year for the e-Business and e-Tourist visa. The only exception is the e-Medical entry permit that stays valid for 4 months from the issue date.
Make sure to enter India before your visa expires to avoid any issues upon arrival. Moreover, it’s crucial to check if your passport will stay valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entering India.
Since e-Visa and your passport are connected, any changes to the data on your travel document, losing it, or its expiry lead to your entry permit becoming invalid.
What documents should German citizens prepare for the India e-Visa?
Electronic India visa for German citizens requires preparing two elementary documents. Gathering them should take you just a few minutes to complete. Every traveler that wants to complete the e-Visa application process must prepare the following:
- a passport that will stay valid for a minimum of 6 months beyond the intended arrival in India date
- applicant’s face photo (can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
If you’re applying for a business or medical visa to India, additional documents may be required (a business card or an invitation letter for the business entry permit and a written document from the hospital for the medical one).
India e-Visa online application guide for German citizens
The government of India offers three different types for all German travelers to choose from; before applying, select one that will be best for your travel needs.
Then simply follow these three steps:
- Fill the application form with the necessary data, such as your name, surname, basic travel details, passport information, and e-mail address.
- Cover the 129 Euro visa fee after selecting the preferred method of online payment. Receive the confirmation number that can be used later on to check your entry permit status while it’s processing.
- Wait for the approved India e-Visa to be delivered to your inbox, print it out, and travel to India!
Please note! Visa processing may take up to 72 hours (3 business days); however, the average time of approval for the India entry permit is just 51 hours from submitting the application form.
Benefits of applying for an India e-Visa for all German citizens
Whether you wish to apply for the e-Tourist visa, e-Business visa, or the e-Medical entry permit, using our services will grant numerous benefits.
We can guarantee:
- an effortless and intuitive online application process that can be completed using any working device within a few minutes
- approved electronic visa arriving directly at your e-mail address in a PDF form; there is no need to visit the Embassy
- our support team availability in case you would need any further information or need assistance during and after completing the process of applying
- average processing time of just 51-hours
- a 96% rate of positively approved applications
India e-Visa for German travelers is obtainable 100% online and makes traveling to India easy and stress-free! Get your required entry permit within a maximum of 3 business days from applying, and enjoy your trip.
Should you need any further information, do not hesitate to contact our support team via e-mail or phone!