About India e-Visa
Travelers can now visit India with an electronic visa that comes in three different types. All you have to do is fill a simple application form, make an online payment, and wait for the approved Indian e-Visa to arrive at your e-mail address.
Indian e-Visa is usually approved within 51 hours from submitting the application form. Moreover, travelers need to spare only a few minutes to complete the process of applying online. Use any working device, even your phone, and make sure that you have an internet connection.
Travel to India to see your friends and family, go sightseeing, go on vacation, handle your business affairs, negotiate contracts, or undergo medical treatment. India e-Visa offers numerous travel possibilities.
Apply for the Indian visa by filling an online form, covering the 129 Euro visa fee, and wait for your approved entry permit to arrive at your e-mail address!
India e-Visa types
The government of India implemented three different visa types. All travelers can choose between an:
- e-Tourist visa: that serves as a multiple-entry permit for a total stay of 90 days (either via numerous visits or one three-month stay)
- e-Business visa: also a multiple-entry permit that allows a total of 180 days spent in India
- e-Medical visa: a triple-entry visa for a total stay of 60 days in India
Visas for tourism and business purposes stay valid for one year from issuing, while the medical visa stays effective for four months from approval.
All Indian visa types cost 129 Euro. Travelers may use different online payment methods to cover the fee.
India e-Visa requirements
Applicants need to prepare two elementary documents to complete the online application process for the Indian e-Visa successfully. You can easily gather the needed documents within a few minutes.
- a valid passport that will not expire for at least 6 months starting from the planned date of arrival in India
- applicant’s digital face photo
Please note! The applicant’s face photo can be taken using a PC camera or even a phone. Our team of visa experts adjusts the sizes of the files received.
Read more about: India e-Visa requirements.
How to apply for an India e-Visa?
Now that you have prepared the necessary documents described in the previous section, only three simple steps stand between you and your visa to India.
Apply online from home or while on a break at work and follow this simple guide:
- Fill the application form with some basic personal information and travel details. Double-check if everything is correct and move on to the next step.
- Make an online payment. Applicants can choose between several online payment methods to cover the Indian visa fees.
- Wait for your approved entry permit to arrive at your e-mail address in a PDF form.
The average processing time is just 51 hours, and all applications are approved within a maximum of 72 hours (3 business days).
Our support team is available to all applicants, during and after completing the process of applying, via e-mail and phone. Do not hesitate to contact us if you should need any further information or help.
Which ports in India accept e-Visas?
Passport holders traveling to India should use one of the following immigration check posts to visit the country:
What documents should you have upon entering India?
Preparation to enter India starts just a few days before your visit. Check if you are a citizen of one of the eligible countries and submit an online application for a selected visa at least 3 days before your travel.
Once you receive the approved visa for India at your e-mail address, print it out. The customs officials will check if you have a valid passport and a printed e-Visa copy once you enter India.
Make sure that your travel document will not expire for at least 6 months (180 days) from the planned date of arrival in India.
How long is an e-Visa for India valid for?
The validity period of the India e-Visa differs depending on the selected visa type. e-Tourist visa, as well as the business visa, stay effective for one year from approval. However, the e-Medical visa is valid for 4 months.
All Indian visa types allow multiple entries. Visit India for 60, 90, or even 180 days! Make sure that your passport will not expire for a minimum of 6 months from the planned date of arrival in India.
India transit information
- will leave the airport’s transit area
- must stay for more than 24 hours waiting for their onward flight
- do not have a copy of their onward ticket
need to make an online application for an e-Visa to stay in India for transit purposes. Apply at least 3 business days in advance of your travel to be able to reach your final destination through India.
Benefits of using an e-Visa to travel to India
Obtaining your visa online has many benefits. Travel to India with an e-Tourist visa, e-Business visa, or an e-Medical visa and grant yourself the following perks:
- full assistance of our visa support team
- multiple entries to India
- a stay of either 60, 90, or even 180 days
- the possibility to visit India for tourism, business, and medical purposes
- a 51-hour average processing time
- our team of visa experts adjusting the sizes of the files received
- an intuitive and simple 3-step online application
- visas valid for one year (e-Business and e-Tourist visa) or 4 months (e-Medical visa)
- our team double-checking each online application to make sure it’s error-free before submitting it to the government of India for approval