The Indian government has greatly facilitated the process of obtaining the necessary entry permit to visit their country by introducing the electronic visa system. Applications can be submitted using any working device with an internet connection within just a few minutes, anywhere and anytime!
Although the application process is not complicated, here is a visa application guide for anyone wishing to get a positively approved Indian entry permit!
Table of Contents
Choose the Indian e-Visa type
There are three types every eligible traveler can choose from. Make sure that you know which type of entry permit to India you will need before starting the application process.
Applicants have the following options available:
- e-Tourist visa: for anyone needing a tourism-related trip. Perfect for visiting your friends and family or going on vacation.
- e-Business visa: is designed for all business travelers who need to negotiate contracts, look for new cooperation opportunities, or take a trip to handle any work duties in India.
- e-Medical visa: the last visa type available is dedicated to all travelers who need to undergo any kind of medical treatment in India.
The tourism and business visa serve as multiple-entry permits, while the medical visa is a triple-entry permit.
How long can travelers stay in India with an e-Visa?
The permitted length of stay in India differs depending on the selected e-Visa type:
- tourism: with the tourist entry permit, travelers can stay in the country for a total of 90 days (three months).
- business: this visa type allows 180 days total spent in India
- medical treatment: undergoing treatments with the last entry permit type makes it possible for its holders to stay in India for 60 days total
The total number of days spent in India can be either spread over numerous visits or used on one trip.t
What documents do you need to prepare for the Indian e-Visa application?
The most important document to have upon applying for any kind of Indian e-Visa is a valid passport. Please note! Your travel document must not expire for at least six months from the planned arrival in India.
Another visa requirement for applicants is to have a digital photo of their face. The photos can be taken using either a phone or a PC camera!
Additional supporting documents may be necessary for the business and medical entry permits.
Indian e-Visa online application guide
Indian visa application can be completed entirely online by simply following these three steps:
- Fill the visa application form with the necessary data, such as the basic travel details, e-mail address, passport information, and your name and surname.
- Make an online payment choosing any preferred method to cover the visa fee. Applicants can use their debit or credit card, PayPal account, or any other form of online payment.
- Check your e-mail box to see if you have received the visa for India confirmation number. The e-Visa arrives within a maximum of 72 hours to all applicants’ inboxes.
What to do after receiving the India e-Visa?
Once you have received the approved e-Visa in a PDF version at your e-mail address, print it out. It’s crucial to have a printed, electronic visa copy and your valid passport while you enter India.
Travel to India for tourism, business, medical, or transit purposes using an electronic entry permit for an effortless traveling experience!
Please note! The government of India has selected the following list of entry points that accept e-Visas. Plan your travel to use any of the following immigration check posts:
Benefits of using an e-Visa to visit India
Using online e-Visa services grants travelers numerous benefits, including:
- full support of our visa experts’ team during and after completing the application process
- applying online can be done using any working device with an internet connection
- a 3-step intuitive application process that can be completed within minutes
- e-Visa arriving straight at the traveler’s e-mail address in a PDF form
- various online payment methods to choose from
- a 51-hour average processing time
- a 96% application approval rate
- no visits to the Embassy needed
Apply online and let the professionals handle your entry permit to India for you! Plan your journey to see as much as possible and receive the Indian visa at your e-mail box!